Arpège Diamonds strives to provide leading insight and stay on top of the latest and best naturally colored diamond news. This month, we share highlights from auctions across the world, price trends from 2017, and history of beautiful diamonds like the Tiffany Yellow!
- Have you wondered how to take the most perfect photo of your diamond? Whether it’s to showcase it, or you’re looking to sell...look no further; in this post, Arpège Diamonds shares how you can take the perfect diamond with your photo.
- Sotheby’s Geneva Fine Jewels concluded on December 14, with over 400 lots of beautiful jewelry. The auction was highlighted by this Fancy Yellow-Brown diamond, weighing 7.46 carats. For full highlights of the auction, read more here
- Speaking of auctions, Sotheby’s also held its December sale of Important Jewels in Australia this month. The event resulted in more than $2.5 million in sales, the highest jewel auction results since 2011. Click here to read more about the kind of sales Sotheby’s Australia had in 2017.
- As you can tell, December was a big month of Sotheby’s. On December 12, the company held its London Fine Jewels Sale, with over 400 lots at auction. The event consisted of multiple colored diamonds, including a pair of Fancy Yellow diamond earrings, a Fancy Yellow diamond ring, and Fancy Intense yellow ring. You can read more about the auction here.
- Not to shy away from the auction scene, Christie’s held its own event in New York City. The top seller was a twin-stone Fancy Vivid blue diamond ring, weighing over 6 carats combined. The beautiful ring sold for $12.5 million, surpassing its estimate of $8.5 million. You can read more about the sale here.
- 2017 was full of record breaking sales in the colored diamond world. Sales include the CTF Pink Star that sold for $71.2 million, record breaking earrings that sold for $57.4 million, and much more. Read more about the record breaking sales of 2017 here.
- If you had to guess what kind of year Christie’s had in 2017, what would you guess? Well, they’re $556.7 million richer! The company boasts nine world auction records that generated over $550 million in sales in 2017. Read more about their killer year here.
- Did you know there was a beautiful green diamond exhibit at the Natural History Museum in L.A. this month? This event spotlights 60 of the world’s most beautiful green stones. Read more about the green diamond exhibit you need to see.
- Everyone knows who the famous Audrey Hepburn was, but did you know she wore one of the world’s most famous Diamonds in the movie, Breakfast at Tiffany’s? The stone was the Tiffany Yellow! Read more about this history of this diamond here.
For more reading on colored diamonds, see the links below:
- The 7 Most Remarkable Diamonds of 2017
- How Naturally Colored Diamonds are Valued
- Arpège Diamonds Presents - Famous Diamond Series: Leased La Rona