February has come to an end, so join us as we take a look at some of the insight that was revealed about 2017. More specifically, colored diamond pricing from the previous year. We'll also take a look at a few 2018 trends, along with diamond investing news you might have missed!
- Did you know that blue diamond prices are on the rise? In the fourth quarter of 2017, the value of these stones saw a jump of 5.9%. For more details, you can read more here.
- Even though blue diamonds had a great year, pink and yellow diamonds declined slightly; dropping 0.8% and 1.8% respectively. To read more, click here.
- Fancy colored pink diamonds dropped slightly in value at the end of 2017, but that shouldn’t stop investors from investing in these stones. In this post, WebWire talks about pink diamond investments and how they are ever growing with high returns.
- The larger picture shows that the overall value of fancy colored diamonds grew in 2017. As a whole, the market increased by 0.1% in value. It doesn’t seem like much, but colored diamonds are valued in the millions of dollars. You can find more information here.
- As we all know, Rio Tinto is one of the leading diamond mining organizations in the world. As data for 2017 trickles into 2018; the company reported a revenue increase by 15% to $706 million! Furthermore, profits in their diamond unit nearly doubled, increasing 96%. To read more, click here.
- As we continue talking about 2018 trends, Rapaport recently published this post talking about the industry’s top 12 trends for this year. For further reading, you can check out the article here.
- Speaking of 2018 trends, diamond experts are projecting a big increase in 2018. Demand has increased for rough diamonds according to expert Paul Zimnisky. To read more about his insight, check out the post here.
- If you didn’t know by now, the rarest diamond color is red. In fact, there has only been a handful discovered in history. In this post, WebWire talks about how investors are turning to red and other colored diamonds as a solid investing vehicle.
- By now, you must be curious about colored diamond investments. Lucky for you, in this post, Cameron Bowen talks about 3 reasons to start trading diamonds in 2018. You can check out the full post here!
- To cap off our February updates, in this post, we take a look at the 5 mining companies to watch in 2018. Colored diamonds are produced by these organizations, so any effect on them correlates to colored diamond pricing.
For more reading on colored diamonds, see the links below:
- The 7 Most Remarkable Diamonds of 2017
- How Naturally Colored Diamonds are Valued
- Arpège Diamonds Presents - Famous Diamond Series: Leased La Rona