From record-breaking sales to new diamond discovery, this year was full of exciting news. Arpège Diamonds is pleased to present colored diamonds news of 2017.
- Looking back at 2016, the Wall Street Journal shared this post earlier this year highlighting an increased demand in colored diamonds. You can read the full article here.
- Rio Tinto bestows the honor of Select Atelier to only the best of the best. So far this year, the honor of Select Atelier went to this luxury jeweler. Read the details here.
- Luxury magazine, Town and Country, focuses on the best of luxury styles, travel and leisure. In 2017, the magazine published this article, “Is Jewelry The Last Brilliant Investment?”. Click the link to read more
- In 2016, Rio Tinto’s Argyle mine saw a production of 18 million carats for the whole year; an increase of 4%. For the full end of the year report, click here.
- The Israel Diamond Exchange held their 6th annual International Diamond Week. In honor of the event, the organization hosted a replica of the Great Imperial Crown of the Russian Empire. This piece is worth more than $20 million and holds over 11,000 polished diamonds.
- In 2017, the diamond industry was luck to see multiple record-breaking sales. Just recently, Sotheby’s Geneva Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels sold the world’s most expensive earrings $57.4 million to an unnamed buyer. Check out more details here.
- Although it might not be as exciting, it was another small record broken in Arkansas. This lucky boy discovered a brown diamond that happened to be the seventh largest diamond ever found at the site. You can read more here about the discovery.
- The most exciting definitely had to be the Pink Star diamond. We all know the history of this unique stone and are all excited to see this diamond go to a new buyer. If by chance you didn’t know, Pink Star sold for a record breaking $71.2 million dollars. For full details and a brief history of the diamond, click here.
- The Pink Star was among other notable diamonds and sales at the Sotheby’s Hong Kong auction. Read more about other beautiful colored diamonds sold at the auction here.
For more reading on colored diamonds, see the links below:
- Investing in Natural Pink Diamonds: What You Need to Know
- The Arpège Tribute to the Breathtaking Pink Diamonds
- Why Colored Diamonds Are The Investment You're Looking For