As the first month of 2017 comes to a finish, it was not short on exciting colored diamond news from around the world. This included colored diamond insight from the Wall Street Journal, financial establishments pointing at colored diamonds as the hottest trend in investing, production stats from Rio Tinto and much more.
Arpège Diamonds is pleased to present the January edition of colored diamonds news.
1. 2016 was a big year for colored diamonds. As this alternative investment changes the way people invest for the future, the Wall Street Journal looked at the way the demand for colored diamonds has soared.
2. IDEX has extensive knowledge in the colored diamonds industry. In this post, the organization looks at the prices and appeal for this treasure asset. Check out what they had to say about the growth of colored diamonds here.
3. Select Atelier is an honor bestowed upon by Rio Tinto and their Argyle Mine. This exclusive list of jewelers has direct access to the Argyle pink diamonds. In January 2017, Rio Tinto added one more.
4. Town and Country is a magazine that focuses on luxury style, travel, and leisure. In this piece by Stellene Volandes, the organization looks at reasons why colored diamonds are a smart investment. Check out “Is Jewlery The Last Brilliant Investment?” here.
5. The Diavik Mine (located in Canada and owned by the Dominion Diamond Corporation) saw their diamond output increased in 2016 and forecasts production to increase up to 14% in 2017. Check out the full details here.
6. Although their Argyle Mine is expected to cease operations in the year 2020, Rio Tinto has had no shortage of diamonds. In 2016, the business produced 18 million carats in diamonds, up 4% from the previous year. Read the full article here.
7. Colored diamonds are a market that’s quickly trending up. Per MarketWatch, “…Investors are hoping the hot market stays hot.” Read the full post here
8. Have you ever wanted direct insight from one of the most influential man in the fancy colored diamond industry? In this Q&A with Bruce Cleaver, CEO of De Beers Group, he talks diamonds, millennials, and more! Check out the post here
For more reading on colored diamonds, check out the links below:
- 3 Key Insights Driving Fancy Colored Diamonds Investments
- Projecting What Might Happen When the Argyle Mine Closes in 2020
- 9 Top Colored Diamonds Sold In 2016